Wednesday, November 26. No, not Bruce Springsteen. Today we have a site visit from Chris, our Field Director. In the fall, either Chris or Diana (AFD) visit each school to observe classes taught by each WT teacher and to talk to our liaisons. It is great to see him, and he, Tiffany, David and I have noodles for lunch. He observes my afternoon class, and then we all hang out for a little while with Mr. Zhang, Tyler and two of the school principals (photo opp too, on the steps of the library building!).
Tiffany and I stop by the Senior 3 teachers office to talk to Mrs. Tong about English Corner tomorrow (Tiff and David are going to run it since I'm going to Changsha for Thanksgiving dinner). And we get invited out to dinner again! But first, I have to spend some time having an impromptu "English Corner" with some of the Senior 4 students who want to practice their spoken English.
Then I race back to my apartment to drop off my teaching bag and hurry out to the school gate at 5:30. It's back to the little dumpling restaurant with the Senior teachers where we have a fantastic "Chinese Thanksgiving" dinner with dumplings, a fabulous eggplant dish, a wonderful green pepper dish, tomatoes with sugar, "sweet and sour" pork (much better than anything in the U.S.) and on and on. And in true Thanksgiving fashion, we go around the table listing the things that we are thankful for. I love these people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment