Wednesday, December 3. Did you know that The Smurfs grew out of a comic strip drawn by a Belgian illustrator named Pierre Culliford (1928-1992), better known as Peyo. In French, The Smurfs are known as Les Schtroumpfs. They first appeared in the 1950s and were quite popular in Europe even before Hanna Barbera turned them into cartoons in the 1980s. How did I come across this useful tidbit of information, you may ask? Well, my iGoogle page has links to some French websites . . . and well, what can I say? :) I didn't have anything better to do and the name intrigued me!
The hot water stops while I'm in the shower this morning. Quelle catastrophe! I had just put shampoo in my hair, and I wasn't about to finish with cold water. It's just too cold in my apartment to even consider doing that. So I traipse over to D&T's apartment to finish (balancing out the fact that Tiffany had to do the same thing last week when their hot water stopped working). After some messing around with the batteries (there are two sets: one set of D batteries operates the pilot light - we think; and four AA batteries run the meter) and replacing the AA ones, I finally get it to work again.
I notice on my way to class that I don't have my USB flash drive. So I go back to the classroom where I had it last but it isn't there. Run back to my apartment to see if by any chance I've left it there but no. grrrr. It drives me crazy when I lose things. Can't figure out what has happened to it. Had to do my class without the powerpoint presentation. Things are just not going well today.
Thursday, December 4. Class in the morning and in the afternoon. In the middle of the day, I go to the bank, the supermarket, and the Lenovo (computer) store to buy a new flash drive. Can't live without that thing!Dinner with Tiffany and David in their apartment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment