Sunday, October 12, 2008

A New Quilt and Coat

Sunday, October 12. It's hard to believe, but it has gotten a little chilly here. Last night, I was actually cold in bed, despite cotton, long-sleeved pajamas and socks. So today, it's off to buy a quilt.

We try to take the bus to Carrefour but, even though we get on the right bus, it doesn't take us down-town but out-of-town! We don't know what went wrong, but we finally get off and take a taxi back into town. At Carrefour, we load up on quilts, cushions (or what passes for cushions in China - remember the "cushion crisis" I spoke of earlier) and a variety of other small things to make our lives a little more pleasant, including more groceries. I also buy a winter coat (for less than the equivalent of $45!). It's red, quilted, below-the-knee length, and has a hood!

I am up late, refining lesson plan for the week, and finally fall into bed.

No comments: