Wednesday, December 24. Jed and Eleanor called at around 10 a.m. (China time), after arranging with me previously that they would call then. I could tell they were sitting at the piano in my living room, and I could hear some other people talking but couldn't figure out what was going on. (If I had, I certainly would have showered and changed out of my pajamas!) I could never have guessed what my wonderful children had done: They had thrown our annual Christmas party all by themselves, invited all of our friends, and "skyped" me in to the party! So for one hour and a half, I was transported to West Hartford and Christmas at home. I got to talk to everyone, and then we sang Christmas carols while David played the piano. In my wildest dreams, I could not have imagined a better Christmas gift.
More knitting furiously in the afternoon. and teaching my class at sixth period. Then having dinner with Kandy, the Senior 2 student who has asked me to help him improve his spoken English.
In the evening, class parties in all the Senior 1 and Senior 2 classes. I manage to make it to all of my Senior 1 classes as well as to Kandy's Senior 2 class. I had heard that the students sometimes ask the teachers to perform so I had prepared a song in Chinese. It's a song that basically says "Happy New Year" over and over to the tune of "Clementine"! It was a big hit, but an even bigger hit was Mr. Zhang's dancing. The students were clamoring for him to dance, and he finally agreed but guess who was his partner! We did as well as we could to bad music, given the fact that we had never danced together before. I must admit that it was very unexpected to see that he is such a good dancer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment