Tuesday, November 4. A beautiful, sunny day. Our little singing custodian, "Du," comes in today to clean my balconies. They are disgustingly dirty. I try to pay him but he refuses to take anything.
In the morning, I ride my bike to the newstand (to get this week's edition of 21st Century), the bank, the supermarket (forgot something last night), the fruit market, the "small" market, then home. I love it that I can ride my bike to everything in the 'hood. The only time I can't is if I'm doing a big food shopping because I can't attach everything to my bike.
Another bike ride in afternoon just to explore a little further down Lushan Rd to the intersection of ChangJiang Road. Tiffany had told me there is a little tea shop along this stretch of ChangJiang. I am able to find it, and it is a lovely shop. Another place where you can go in and be served tea. I don't have enough time today, but I do have enough time to fall in love with an adorable little teapot! I don't buy it, however. It's 300 yuan (about $45) so I will content myself with looking for the moment!
Later I go our Foreign Teachers office to work for awhile, then have dinner in the cafeteria.
I'm excited about Dixville Notch voting so strong for Obama. Nice to have those results before I go to bed! Still nervous about outcome - hard to think about going to sleep. I want to go to bed early so morning will come sooner! I have a long Skype chat with Melissa over the prospect of not being able to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Janet- I am trying to leave a comment but it is not easy to meet their password requirements!! anyhow, I just wanted to share a joyous moment in history with you. Did you learn the result on TV, radio or paper?? I believe the entire world let go a breath when the results were clear. what a time to be alive! I hope to get to read or hear parts of his acceptance speach; they call him no-drama-obama but he had everyone else crying. I miss you, hope all is well. is there anything I can send you? I need to catch up on reading your blog.. love, Jan
Hello Janet, I am enjoying our blog and love reading the details of your daily life as well as your impressions and trips. I'll write more but want to see if I can send my comments off properly.
I am euphoric about the election results. Linda Beher, Diane Benner and I campaigned in Ohio last weekend and I can provide the details if you'd like. It was an amazing experience. Hope you are well. Sending you my best with hugs attached. Kathleen Graham
Post a Comment