Wednesday, March 25. A frantic morning, finishing up powerpoint and word document in time for class. I manage to do it, take everything over to copy center, print out word doc, and have 300 copies made with plenty of time to spare (well, maybe 15 minutes!). Phew.
The class goes well but the Wordsworth poem is hard, even for one of my higher ability classes, so tonight I decide to look for some songs that I can do with other classes. I come up with A Foggy Day in London Town (naturally!) and another song called London, sung by Brandon Heath. I've never heard of him but apparently he's a contemporary inspirational singer. This song, however, is a simple love song and it's perfect for what I need. I think the kids will probably like it better than A Foggy Day. So back to the drawing board - or in this case, powerpoint and word docs!
It is interesting to talk to the students about the summer program. When I asked about it, everyone said "too expensive" or "no money." So then I asked them who would want to go if it were free - and practically everyone raised their hand and said "yes" enthusiastically. I think we're aiming our "sales pitch" at the wrong group. We don't need to convince the students of the benefits; we need to convince the parents. So while I'm at the drawing board, I put together a page of information entitled "Why Study Abroad?" I'm going to give it to Zhang Yong and suggest he translate it into Chinese and send it home with the students to give to their parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment