Friday, March 27. Two classes in the morning.
I have heard from David & Tiffany (who I think heard from JuJu) that Teacher Training for the Junior School will start again this week - on Fridays at 6th period. Because Juju is away, this morning D&T confirm with one of the other junior teachers ("Joan") that we will, in fact, have it today. Yes, definitely, and it will be in the large classroom on the ground floor of the senior school building. OK, that's great, and I spend a couple of hours putting together some things for this afternoon. I zip over to the copy center to make some photocopies and show up at the appointed time. I clean off the desk, organize all my stuff, get everything set up - and wait. But the only person who shows up is Tiffany ! (David teaches a class during this period.) So she goes back over to the junior school to check with Joan, who now says that Mr. Meng (he's in charge of junior teachers) doesn't know anything about it and maybe some of the teachers have class now! This is pretty funny. Clearly, there is still some confusion surrounding teacher training.
This evening, I finish reading The Painted Veil by Somerset Maugham. A wonderful book, a sad story although it ends with the hope that the heroine will eventually find peace with herself and her life. Now that I've read it, I'd like to see the film again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment