Saturday, March 28. I wake up with a migraine, despite having taken Imitrex last night. So after being up for awhile, I go back to sleep for awhile, hoping it will go away. Unfortunately it doesn't.
Most of the day, I work on my lesson plan. Since both of the UConn teams (men's and women's) are advancing in the NCAA tournament, I decide to do it on March Madness. Of course, it's not as though I'm a big basketball expert. Talk about the blind leading the blind! But I think it will be fun as so many of the students are rabid about basketball. I spend a lot of time putting together a powerpoint not only of March Madness and the NCAA but also about UConn, the Huskies and so on.
This evening, Kandy and I have dinner with D&T. Tiffany has made Spaghetti Bolognese, no mean feat in China! I bring cooked apples for dessert. And Kandy does a great job of eating spaghetti with a fork and spoon! It's his first time to use Western eating utensils.
After dinner, Kandy listens to American music for awhile, then he decides he wants to watch a movie. He settles on E.T., which is great. I try to read for most of the time, but at the end I watch it with him. It's so exciting and sad and heartwarming, despite the countless times I've seen it! A great film. And I have to explain the meaning of "Ouch" to Kandy!
It's been a low-key evening, which is great because I still have my headache.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment