Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

Wednesday, April 1. I teach my first class this afternoon on March Madness. I think it goes pretty well. I did not know that April Fool's Day is also recognized in China but apparently it is. My studends knew all about it. (I told them, with a very long face, that this was my last class and that I was going back to the United States this weekend, but they didn't fall for it!)

During lunch today, the school loud-speaker system, which often broadcasts music at this time of day, is playing something that sounds suspiciously like "The Way We Were"! The weather is back in the 50s again. Cool and rainy. Wearing wool sweaters.

David isn't feeling well, so Tiffany and I take a taxi up to the shops near ErZhong so I can get some photos printed for Kandy (the ones we took of all of us together at Yandi Square). Then we traipse off to Ashley's for dinner with Ashley, Kelly, Ryan, Bridget, Vinny and Suzanne. Ashley has made a delicious recipe (from Rachel Ray?) that has chicken, green beans and rice - and she's made it all in the rice cooker! She also made a cake (in the rice cooker) with condensed milk frosting! Amazing.

After dinner, we pick up the photos for Kandy and walk home.

No comments: